How to protect yourself
from cell phone radiation?
There are many reasons to be scared about high exposure to cell phone radiation. Most people constantly carry their phones around with them in pockets or sleep next to them in bed. But what people don t realize is that cell phones emit radiation, which has been suspected of causing various health risks such as brain cancer and infertility.
According to http://www.cdc.gov there are 3 main ways to protect oneself from dangerous exposure to radiation.
- Time- how much time do you spend near a radiation source such as a cellphone.
- Distance- how close are you to the radiation source.
- Shielding- put something between you and the radiation source.
Before a new mobile phone enters the market it is required to undergo a so-called SAR test measuring the rate of radio frequency energy (RF) absorbed by the body. The FCC limits the SAR level of cellphones to 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg). A lot of cell phone brands are already emitting high levels of radiation and even then it is not always a safe measure to rely on such values to know the real exposure to RF.
Many people mistakenly assume that using a cell phone with a lower reported SAR value necessarily decreases a user s exposure to RF emissions, or is somehow safer than using a cell phone with a high SAR value, according to FCC.
We have collected some of the most popular guidelines to follow enable for you to minimize exposure to cell phone radiation.
- Limit the time you spend on calls and only call if absolutely necessary. Scientific research has identified a dose-response relationship between the time you spend on your cell phone and the risk of disease- the longer you spend on your phone the higher your risk of disease. These exposures are regarded as cumulative.
- Limit the time you spend near your cell phone. Most people take their phones to bed and sleep next to them all night. Studies show that cell phone radiation can interfere with sleep cycles and contribute to a host of sicknesses like: irritation of allergies, heart palpitations, muscle pain etc. These exposures can hinder the function of the immune system, reduce the production of melatonin and other hormones and have severe long-term adverse consequences.
- Turn your phone off when not using it. Simply switch to flight mode in situations where your cell phone is not needed e.g. due to bad reception. Some phones can ramp up their emissions 1000-fold in areas where the signal is poor. This means that for each signal bar that is missing your exposure increases several hundred times.
- Use a headset rather than holding your phone directly next to your head. Research has linked high exposure to cell phone radiation with cancer and infertility. Instead of making phone calls use text messaging. See CNN report here.
- Keep your phone away from sensitive body parts. Some woman carry their phones in the bra, which could potentially expose them to breast cancer. For guys it is more likely that they carry their phones in the pocket right next to their male reproductive organs. This has been linked to infertility in men. Dr. Devre Davis explains in this video.
- Put something between you and the radiation source. This could be in the shape of a radiation shield that diverts the radiation away from your vital body parts.
- Wear a tin foil hat, amulets and other alternative, but scientifically untested, methods and cross your fingers you wont be affected in the long run.
- The important thing is to always look for products that have been thoroughly studied using the latest methods in testing. There are many shielding devices in the market claiming they will protect you from radiation but only a few of them have the scientific data to prove their claim.
Samsung Galaxy A9 - The World’s First Quad Camera Smartphone
Samsung has officially released its latest high-end smartphone...
Refurbishing cell phones made easy from the comfort of your home.
We all have them but seldom talk about them...
Motorola is accused of copying iPhone X
latest smartphone from Motorola is accused of copying not only the design but also its name..
Keep your phone safe while capturing your perfect moments
Galaxy J8 is a powerful smartphone from Samsung with the latest features such as 16mp camera front and back..
Nanofixit is the most award winning brand in the industry.
At Nanofixit we are not shy to brag about our achievements. It is important for the consumer to trust our brand, which is why we have made an effort..
The Latest Innovative Products From Nanofixit
At Nanofixit we are continuously developing new products for our extensive line of Nanotechnology surface protection products.
How to protect yourself
from cell phone radiation?
There are many reasons to be scared about high exposure to cell phone radiation. Most people constantly carry their phones
Nanofixit Is Adding 9 New Innovative Products To The Product Range
Nanofixit, the leading provider of surface coatings based on Nanotechnology, is adding 9 new products to the product range of liquid protective coatings.
NanoFixIt ONE the latest line of innovative products from NanoFixIt Inc.
NanoFixIt has introduced a new line of products specifically developed for smartphones and tablets.The new product line is called NanoFixIt ONE..
Nanofixit to join Global Sources Electronic Shows in October 2016
Manila September 22, 2016. Nanofixit Inc the leading provider of a Nanotechnology based liquid screen protector will take part in two consecutive trade..
Can A Nano Liquid Really Protect My Phone’s Screen?
It is almost like magic! Working on a scale 100.000 times smaller than a human hair and creating ultra strong surfaces 200 times thinner than that same strain of..
Why Tempered Glass or Plastic Screen Protectors Don’t Work
1. Tempered glass easily gets cracks in the edges and corners after just a few months of normal use. It even has a tendency to shatter into a thousand pieces..
Apples 3D Touch Spells Bad News For The Screen Protector Market
The good news however – there’s already a new generation of liquid screen protectors that won’t inflict with the new touch functionality from Apple.
Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) Used To Prevent Bacteria Growth On Cell Phones
Titanium Dioxide particles are known to be very effective to inhibit bacteria growth such as E. Coli and S. Aureus (MRSA), responsible for a wide range of infections.